Wine/Found some old wine...

Wyoming Bill wrote at 2009-08-22 22:24:40
My wife and I drank this wine regularly when we lived in the Quad Cities - 1976 to 80'2.  The bottle is identical to the one in the picture.  It was about $3 per bottle back then.  It was a sweet dessert wine with a raisin bouquet.  I need to contact CA wine growers and find out what happened - someone should remember as they were still in business 30 years ago.  I found one other product under a made in Germany that had identical characteristics.

Family History Fun wrote at 2010-08-19 13:57:28
My husband's family name is Dudenhoefer and they are from Milwaukee, WI.  Since I am the family geneaolgist, I have lots of information.  Yes, there was a prohibition "issue," but this company made wonderful wines and whiskeys for many years.

Ron Green wrote at 2014-11-24 00:45:04
I used to purchase the May Wine at the tasting room in Acampo, It was on Acampo Rd, I believe it closed some time in the 1970's. The last time I saw a bottle for sale was in 1977 in San Francisco

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal