Wine/Wine rarity/value/drinkability

Pauline wrote at 2012-05-30 20:00:44
On Monday (May 2012) to celebrate a birthday, I drank (some of) a bottle of the 1988 vintage which I had purchased many years ago.  It improved after being opened but the initial tasting was disappointing.  In my opinion would not have kept much longer.  

Annette wrote at 2014-01-21 18:53:09
Hi David.

My husband has this bottle of wine. It has a special history.

Chateau Calon - Segur 1937

Is it worth anything for collectors?

Is it drinkable?

Kind Regards

David Ling wrote at 2014-01-22 12:22:04
Annette: Please ask me this as a new question as the subject is different. And please say where you are and how the bottle has been stored.  

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.