Wine/Old Portuguese Brandy Bottle

Julie wrote at 2010-11-09 20:06:05
Mr. Hatherly was a very eccentric man with an amazing history. He was my Grandfathers best friend back in portugal. his Mother was Spanish, his Father was English and they met in Brasil.

This was bottled for him... and amazing that you have these bottles :)

Cheers!

Sandy wrote at 2011-09-10 05:07:30
I have a similar bottle, & was curious of it's age. Mine has a partial 'State of Minnesota' sticker signed by a Earl G. Haskins Liquor Tax St(amp)? number 75538? at a cost of 6 1/4 cents. It also has at the bottom, 'Imported by R.U. Delapenha & Co Inc, New York. Rebottled by N.Y. DFock Co., Buffalo, NY'.  

terri wrote at 2011-11-11 00:37:20
We found a bottle with these same markings in the Chippewa River in Radisson Wisconsin.  

brandyheir wrote at 2011-12-28 01:32:09
I have the same bottle, the word you can't make out is issued.

mine is by Companhia Central Vinicola de Portugal though..

is it worth anything?

Missy wrote at 2014-07-25 14:11:14
I was researching a similar bottle I found in an old dump site in Oakton, Va. when I found this answer/question site.

My bottle has the "Federal Law Forbid" language and the "Jose Domingo Barreiro LTD", De Portugal, Bottled for Henry M. F. Hatherly, Lisboa, Bottle Made in Portugal.  Glass has a light green color.  There are seams on either side ot the neck and would have required a cork.

Mike Hatherly wrote at 2015-09-12 23:53:37
Hi Linda, this Brandy was bottle by my late grandfather. At the time he lived South of Lisbon, in the council of Almada, Quinta do Robalo, in Capuchos. When it was bottled it had matured in oak-cask for 5 years. If you still have a drop it will be now 70 years. Enjoy! I still have a couple of labels left, there must be very few existing out there. He also bottle Vermouth.

Wine

Antonio Rocha Graša