Wine/1967 Mouton-Cadet, Baron Philippe de Rothschild

DrFrankman wrote at 2015-12-24 22:19:11
I purchased 6 of them in 1971 for 2 bucks each, and decided to ask a wine expert, who immediately offered me 20 bucks for the bottle.

Evidently '67 was a magical year for them.

This is the ONLY wine I ever drank that had a "nose".

When it hit my tongue, it bloomed, like when drinking a good brandy, how the fumes just spread all around your nose and throat.

So, you have 2 options. Try to sell it for $275 US, or (2) DRINK IT!

David Baines

I can answer all questions relevant to wines, spirits, and liqueurs from any region of the world, and give valuations on them.

I have owned a wine import and retail business, I have compiled many wine lists, and at present value wines etc for a british auction house.

The BII, IFL, WSET, Institute of Hospitality.

WSET Wine Educator, Cert ed, Fellow of the British Institute of Innkeeping and the Institute of Hospitality.

I gained the Best Dressed Off Licence in the UK award in the early 1980s, this was the first time it was awarded, for wine knowledge etc.

Iceland Foods, Butcombe brewery, Harvey Nichols, Las Iguanas, University of Bath, Co-operative society, Bath Spa Hotel, Royal Crescent Hotel,