Wine/Porto Diez Ultra 1951

Jose Paiva wrote at 2014-01-16 10:27:59
The Diez Ultra 1951 is a Colheita Port, meaning a wine from a single harvest but aged in wood during years. I do have a bottle of the Diez Ultra 1951 produced at that time by the Oporto company Diez Hermanos Ltd. This company disappeared long ago and the Portuguese wine producer Sogrape owns the brand name. Great bottle for collectors and if preserved in good condition an incredible high quality Port.

Please check the label or the back label and the year of bottling must be clearly visible.  

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal