Wine/Robin Fils &Cie Ltd

Wine Silly wrote at 2014-03-24 05:03:48
   Dry Imperator New York State Sparkling Burgundy.  Was made and bottled by Robin Fils & Cie, Batavia N.Y. It was distributed by Robinson-Lloyd Ltd. from Great Neck New York. The winemaker of Robin Fils Winery in Batavia, NY was Ned Cooper.  His brother-in-law, Leon Robinson, was owner of Robin Fils & Cie, Ltd. and Robinson-Lloyd Ltd. Both companies were dissolved in the mid 1980's.  

This wine was a high-volume low-price product.  If it was still made today it would probably sell for about $9.00 - $12.00.  

The marks on the bottle are from the glass company.  

David Baines

I can answer all questions relevant to wines, spirits, and liqueurs from any region of the world, and give valuations on them.

I have owned a wine import and retail business, I have compiled many wine lists, and at present value wines etc for a british auction house.

The BII, IFL, WSET, Institute of Hospitality.

WSET Wine Educator, Cert ed, Fellow of the British Institute of Innkeeping and the Institute of Hospitality.

I gained the Best Dressed Off Licence in the UK award in the early 1980s, this was the first time it was awarded, for wine knowledge etc.

Iceland Foods, Butcombe brewery, Harvey Nichols, Las Iguanas, University of Bath, Co-operative society, Bath Spa Hotel, Royal Crescent Hotel,