Wine/Penderyn Whiskey, Grand Slam Editions

Tom wrote at 2011-03-31 22:17:32

Just to add my 2 cents

the 2005 seemed to be a very low volume run and was available in Tescos for 2/3 weeks (approx £30 RRP). A couple of months after this i saw some bottles for sale for up to £200. I have heard of a bottle selling for £500 but cannot confirm. I do know that the penderyn website withheld some bottles and were selling them for around £150 (my memory is slightly rusty on this, it was one hundred and something)

The 2008 however seemed to be a lot bigger run, this was available from tescos for several months (£40 RRP, £10 more than a standard bottle). I suspect that this would significantly lower the rarity value. but at the end of the day, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I have a bottle of the 2008, always regret not buying the 2005. I just didnt rate penderyn that much at the time. Always thought it was a bit of a welsh gimick, and i say that as a die hard welshman.

Emily wrote at 2013-03-15 07:03:25

We too have the 2005, 2008, and now 2012 grand slam editions. We visited the distillery a few weekends ago, the staff had heard rumours of the set selling for £1700. I guess we may never know unless we sell! We also have one of the first bottles from the 1 March launch 2004, again, unopened :-). Lets hope they'll be bringing out another comemarative edition after Saturday's gameCherts!

David Baines

I can answer all questions relevant to wines, spirits, and liqueurs from any region of the world, and give valuations on them.

I have owned a wine import and retail business, I have compiled many wine lists, and at present value wines etc for a british auction house.

The BII, IFL, WSET, Institute of Hospitality.

WSET Wine Educator, Cert ed, Fellow of the British Institute of Innkeeping and the Institute of Hospitality.

I gained the Best Dressed Off Licence in the UK award in the early 1980s, this was the first time it was awarded, for wine knowledge etc.

Iceland Foods, Butcombe brewery, Harvey Nichols, Las Iguanas, University of Bath, Co-operative society, Bath Spa Hotel, Royal Crescent Hotel,