Wine/Penderyn Whiskey, Grand Slam Editions

Tom wrote at 2011-03-31 22:17:32
Hi

Just to add my 2 cents

the 2005 seemed to be a very low volume run and was available in Tescos for 2/3 weeks (approx £30 RRP). A couple of months after this i saw some bottles for sale for up to £200. I have heard of a bottle selling for £500 but cannot confirm. I do know that the penderyn website withheld some bottles and were selling them for around £150 (my memory is slightly rusty on this, it was one hundred and something)

The 2008 however seemed to be a lot bigger run, this was available from tescos for several months (£40 RRP, £10 more than a standard bottle). I suspect that this would significantly lower the rarity value. but at the end of the day, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I have a bottle of the 2008, always regret not buying the 2005. I just didnt rate penderyn that much at the time. Always thought it was a bit of a welsh gimick, and i say that as a die hard welshman.

Tom

Emily wrote at 2013-03-15 07:03:25
Hello,

We too have the 2005, 2008, and now 2012 grand slam editions. We visited the distillery a few weekends ago, the staff had heard rumours of the set selling for £1700. I guess we may never know unless we sell! We also have one of the first bottles from the 1 March launch 2004, again, unopened :-). Lets hope they'll be bringing out another comemarative edition after Saturday's gameCherts!

Wine

David Baines