Wine/Rare Vintage Port Wine

Theresa DeWitte wrote at 2013-03-28 05:50:30
Thank you David for responding to my letter.

I am in Rochester Hills, Mich. 48309 Hope you can find someone local who can appraise it for me.

Hope to hear from you..

Best Regards,

Terri DeWitte

David Ling wrote at 2013-03-30 17:00:30
Hi Terri,

It wouldn't be lawful in he USA for you to sell this privately so I suggest you ask Wine Commune ( or Wine Gavel ( if they'd value this as a potentail auction lot.

I can't promise that they'd be willing to help with a single bottle but there's no harm in asking.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.