Wine/product of France- JADIS Liqueur

Kim wrote at 2011-12-13 17:49:25
Are you interested in selling the two bottles that you have?

IL Greco wrote at 2012-01-23 04:15:48
Yeah I have the same but just the bottle. I have looked every where for this product ' or anything on it. we have no idea what kind of liqueur it is; either it's some type of brandy or some sort of spirit.

Jim Lackey wrote at 2012-11-02 17:30:37
Hi Cameron,

It is a French flavored Brandy from the 70's and is similar to B&B with a slightly different flavor. We enjoyed it very much over Vanilla Ice Cream and would be interested in buying a bottle if you still have it!

Ron wrote at 2013-03-08 05:16:14
Many years ago after buying one bottle at Trader Joes, then trying it, I went back and bought all their remaining stock.  This was in the late 80’s and the cases had X-mas special offer inside and this offer expired Jan 15, 1985.  Jadis was obviously bottled and imported in 1984.  Today you can still find imported alcoholic beverages marked with “Proof”, although the may also show % alcohol.  I’m down to 2 cases and wish they would make more.  

Dn wrote at 2013-03-23 03:44:18
I found a bottle in my cupboard earlier tonite. I too was searching for some info. The cork broke off the top so i had to remove it. It is rather good, if you have two bottles i recommend  drinking it.

David Baines

I can answer all questions relevant to wines, spirits, and liqueurs from any region of the world, and give valuations on them.

I have owned a wine import and retail business, I have compiled many wine lists, and at present value wines etc for a british auction house.

The BII, IFL, WSET, Institute of Hospitality.

WSET Wine Educator, Cert ed, Fellow of the British Institute of Innkeeping and the Institute of Hospitality.

I gained the Best Dressed Off Licence in the UK award in the early 1980s, this was the first time it was awarded, for wine knowledge etc.

Iceland Foods, Butcombe brewery, Harvey Nichols, Las Iguanas, University of Bath, Co-operative society, Bath Spa Hotel, Royal Crescent Hotel,