Wine/cordon rubie

Question
i came across 3 bottles of martell cordon rubie 750 ml
i opened the first and had a cork problem the cork fell apart is the cognac still good and whats the value of the bottle

Answer
Hi Phillip,

I think Cordon Rubie was a premium blended Cognac positioned above Martell's Cordon Bleu in the US market and only sold in small quantities so your remaining bottles could have significant value to Cognac collectors, although I would only be guessing if I were to mention a figure.

I suggest you contact Hart Davis Hart Wine Auctions (363 West Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60610) to ask when they will be having a free valuation day at which one of their experts would be able to appraise your bottles and value them as potential auction entries.

They may not suggest a high figure if the corks are as poor as the first one but all spirits keep almost indefinitely if they remain sound and prevent evaporation.

David
.

Wine

David Ling