Wine/What is it worth and how to sell it...

Perrier-Jouet 1975 Epernay No.  NM3ml. Jeroboam with 4 glasses and original crate
Moet et Chandon a Epernay Cuvee Dom Perigno 1975 1.5 Liter
Thank you

Hi Sharon

These are intriguing bottles.  They are both getting near the end of their commercial viability, and if they were 750ml bottles, I would say that they are past their prime.  But if there were stored in perfect conditions---very cool, dark, and quiet---then these larger bottles should still have some life.  

But selling older bottles likes this is a crapshoot.  Unless you can really document the storage conditons, connoisseurs are leary of paying top dollar for wines that may have been damaged.  You might get values of anything from about $500 to $1500 for these, depending on those factors.

Bear in mind that it is illegal for private individuals to sell alcoholic beverages in the USA.  You'll have work through a retailer or a wine auction house, and they will take a significant commission.  

If they were mine, I would probably open them for a grand occasion in the next couple of years--and I would have some back-up bottles, in case these were DOA.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.