Wine/1990 World Cup Wine

Hi David, I have three bottles of wine from the 1990 wold cup they still in the box with cellophane wrapping. Details on box as follows : Vini Del Mondiale 90, Casa Vinicola Cardirola, Tre Grandi Vini Per Un Mondiale Da Ricordare. Will this wine still be drinkable and do they have any value, thanks for your help.

Hi Alan,

Vinicola Cardirola specialise in low-cost branded wines so I'd be surprised if anything they made to commemorate the '90 World Cup would still be enjoyable after this time, but that's not to say they would harm you if you wanted to try them.

They wouldn't be easy to sell I'm afraid as the potential value would probably fall short of most auctioneers' minimum thresholds.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.