Wine/bottle of a man???

Question
What can you tell me about this bottle year and value?
Valho sweet Lisbon wine
Carvalho,Ribeiro&Ferreira,LDa
Lisbon, Portugal
imported by John Lawrence Co. Ltd
west orange, NJ

Answer
Hi Terry,

I assume from the subject of your question that you have a bottle of Lisbon Wine in the shape of a figure? If so, this will probably have been made as a tourist souvenir and filled with the sweet fortified wine described here: http://winesofportugal.info/pagina.php?codNode=3901.

Unfortunately, the cost of fancy souvenir bottles is often greater than the wine they contain so yours may not be a good example of the type.

It will be a blend of several vintages and thus impossible to date without access to the bottle design records and I'm afraid you'd find it difficult to sell lawfully as the potential value is unlikely to reach the minimum thresholds set by most auction houses and traders. (Which means it's effectively worthless I'm afraid.)

David
.

Wine

David Ling