Wine/champagne

Question
Hi David, i have had 3 bottles of vintage champagne for some time and was wondering if you could advise me of there value in England as well as the expected condition and safety to drink. They are lahaye-waroquier 1976 bouzy grand cru.  Rene Brisset brut, 1969 curvee royal,epernay M A 5 587 786. Moet & chandon, Premiere cuvee, mason fondee (with a star) en 1743, 342272. i also have a vintage wine grande reserve 1971 bourgogne cuvee anniversaire aujoux & cie saint george 69830 france, specially selected and bottled in france for jw cameron & co wine merchants hartlepool

Answer
Hi John,

It's always difficult to suggest the potential value of Champagnes this old as so much depends on the bottle condition in terms of level, label and colour.

But J Straker Chadwick's (http://www.strakerchadwick.co.uk/) might be willing to appraise these as potential auction entries next time they have someone in your area.

They will all be perfectly safe to drink - but you may find them so old and fading that you won't want to finish them, unless they have always been kept lying down in a cool dark place.

David
.

Wine

David Ling