Hi Mr Ling
I have 2 bottle's of , Moet et chandon a epernay fondee en 1743 Champagne dom perinon vintage 1996 .
Could you please tell me what they are worth and the best place to sell .
Many thanks

Hi Malcolm,

I'm assuming that these are both the de-luxe Cuvée Oenetheque, rather than the standard DP or Rosé, in which case you could replace them for £175 each, plus VAT and delivery but please come back if I've guessed wrongly.

Regarding sale: there are several options you could consider:

1: Bid for Wine ( - a popular UK on-line auction system.
2: Lithgow's in Middlesborough ( - the nearest wine auctioneer to you that I know.
3: Hartley's in Ilkley (
4: Tennant's in Leyburn (

I'd expect all of them to suggest catalogue valuations in the £150/175 range if the bottles are pristine in terms of colour, labels, levels and capsules but it might be worth comparing them and their commission charges.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.