Wine/champagne drikability

Question
hi david we have a bottle of pommery and greno we had on our wedding day in 1972 there is no year on it but letters on bottom are n.m.3.633.322 it appears cloudy when put up to the light is yhis still worth drinking.cheers. alex

Answer
Hi Alex,

This is now very old for a non-vintage Champagne and the cloudiness you mention doesn't bode well I'm afraid.

This wouldn't harm you if you wanted to try it but be prepared for a disappointing experience, with a flabby nose and palate compounded by off flavours.

There'd be nothing to loose though as it would be difficult to sell a bottle in this condition.

David
.

Wine

David Ling