Wine/Looking for a Wine

Question
I live in Albuquerque, NM and for years I been looking for a wine that Christian Brother made. It was a sweet concord grape wine.  I would like to know where I can find that wine, if they still make it? Thank You, in advance for your help.

Answer
HI Jimmy

I don't have good news for you.  The Christian Brothers no longer make wine or brandy, and you won't find any in the market.  They sold the brandy to Heublein, and the wine brands have pretty much disappeared entirely. And I should know--I used to work for them back in the 1980s!

If you really like that Concord flavor, there are other wines made in that style.  The most widely distributed is Maneschewitz--they make one called Concord wine.  

If you are looking for other sweet red wines, we are seeing a number of entries in that category in the market.  If you ask your local wine retailer, and I sure he or she can recommend a couple that fit the bill!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner