i have monis special resere 1983 port..
would like to know the value of it.. im living in sa..
please can u help with this.?

Hi Craig,

Monis is a reputable brand of SA 'Port' owned by Distell and made from a blend of Portuguese varieties, including Touriga Naional and Tinta Roritz.

I'm afraid I don't have current information about values in your country though so I suggest you have a browse on

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.