Wine/value of an old wine?

Question
I have a sealed bottle of a sparkling red wine. The label says Recitto Bertani tipo amabile ....it also has on the top valpolicella-valpantena and a date of 1957. I have looked to see what the value of this may be but I can not find anything. On the bottom right corner of the label it says "verona (italy). Can you help find out if there is any value in this bottle of wine or point me in the right direction as to where I can find the answer.
    Thank you for your time.
         Denise

Answer
Hi Denise,

I'm sorry but it would be impossible for you to sell this lawfully as the potential value is far below the minimum thresholds set by auction houses or wine traders in the USA. Thus it's effectively worthless I'm afraid.

There's a bit about Valpolicella at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valpolicella that you might find interesting.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling