Wine/Value of Wine

Question
HI

i have 8 bottles of Chateau Bel Air 2006 Bordeaux from Schroder & Schyler.

Can you advise the value of this and if / where I could sell it . I bought this as an investment a few years ago.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Answer
Hi Sharon

This is a nice, and it should be drinking very nicely these days.  I've seen it rated a highly as 91 points, and as low as 87 points.  Most of the reviews suggest that it is showing well now, and will continue in this vein for another 5-10 years.  

The pricing I have seen is about $75 to $100 per bottle, but that is the asking price in the US.  UK prices tend to be lower, and this is not the selling price. You'll have to consult with a fine wine auction house like Christie's to sell this on the open market.  They will, of course, take a commission on the sale.  

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner