Wine/vintage wine value and drinkability

Question
My wife recently received 2 bottles of a 1974 Burg Layer Schlobkapelle and 5 bottles of 1972 Chateau de Roquecourle. I have attached pictures of the labels. They were stored horizontally in an old house not temperature controlled. Is there a vaule to these and would they be still drinkable. I live in southern Ireland.

Thank you
Paul

Answer
Hi Paul,

I'm afraid these are both very old for what they are and unlikely to give much pleasure if you deide to try them; they won't do you any harm but you may not want to finish the bottle!

They'd be very difficult to sell so no value remains, sorry!

David
.

Wine

David Ling