Wine/wine shelf life

I have several bottles of white MATEUS vinho regional beiras.  I do not know how old it is nor whether it is still consumable.  I believe it is a few years old.

Could you please advise whether it is still good or not ?

Thank you very much.

White MATEUS is supposed to be consumed within a few months from being purchased tops. If they are a few years old, they most likely are not at their best anymore. However, before pouring them down the drain, open one and see how you like it. The others should be the same if they were all kept together. You never know, you may have a pleasant surprise.

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal