Wine/1961 Bottle of seagrams VO canadian whiskey aged 6 yrs

QUESTION: What is the value of an unopened bottle of 1961 bottle of Seagrams VO Canadian whisky.  Still in its original unopened christmas box with ribbon?

ANSWER: Hi Dean,

This is difficult to answer because whisk(e)y collectors seek Scotch rather than Canadian so it may be difficult to find a buyer laufully. It might be worth asking Wine Gavel ( what their catalogue valuation would be if you were to enter this bottle into their on-line auction system. But I'm afraid their figure may not justify the commission you'd have to pay or the shipping costs so it might be a better idea to drink it.

QUESTION: would you be interested?

Hi Dean,

Sorry but no. For several reasons:

1: I only drink Scotch.
2: It would cost you more to ship it to me in the UK than I'd be prepared to pay.
3: AllAnswers is a Q & A site, not one for trading.
3: I wouldn't want to be a party to an unlawful transaction. (Offering alcohol for sale privately is prohibited in the USA.)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.