Wine/1967 red wine

Question
Label
Label  
We were given a bottle of red wine, picture attached, is it ok to drink, or best to sell or chuck way?  Thanks Olivia  . London

Answer
Hi Olivia,

I'm afraid I can't see much pleasure awaiting you here as 1967 was a faily ordinary vintage that hasn't kept well so I think any Bordeaux Superieur will have been at its best in the early '70s.

I would't chuck it untasted though as surprises do happen; but with caution as you may not want to finish the bottle.

(Or you could invite the giver to share it with you if you fancy what may be a test of your diplomacy!)

David
.

Wine

David Ling