Wine/1969 Dom Perignon Vintage

Hi David, I have written to you a few days ago and I got the date of the Champagne wrong. It is a 1969 Dom Perignon Vintage that I won from our company owner. It is still in a perfect sealed presentation box. Could you give me an idea of price and how I can sell it.

Kind regards

Hi Michael,

You seem to have missed my previuos answer to your follow-up so I'll repeat it:

Thank you for he prompt response but unfortunately I gave you the wrong date it is a 1969 Dom Perignon Vintage in a perfect sealed presantation box from her cellar.

Answer:   Hi Mike,

That was a very significant mistake as although the '96 is a better vintage the rarity of the '69 certainly doubles its value - and bidding could go even higher.

Good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.