Wine/Bolla gift set

Bolla wine
Bolla wine  
Hi I have a 4 bottle gift set from Bolla. I was wondering if it is any good still it has been sitting in the orginal tin standing up. Since the early 80's and if possible if worth anything? My husband an I do not drink wine so I was gona give as a gift or should I hang on to it? The wine that in the tin are Soave,Valpolicella,Bardolino,Trebbiano the bottle range from 1981 to 1982 and they have numbers also. Thanks Karen

Hi Karen,

I'd be very surprised if these were worth keeping, especially as you don't drink wine, and I don't think you'd want to risk causing disappointment giving them to a friend.

They'd be impossible to sell lawfully as the potential value wouldn't reach the minimum threshold set by most auctioneers.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid the tip awaits.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.