Wine/Chianti wine

Question
QUESTION: I have a spiral necked  bottle of casa vincola gustavo magni&figli poggibonsi No 494134. Is it worth anything to some
one.

ANSWER: Hi Phyl,

Firstly, apologies for the late reply but this has only just been posted in the Question Pool.

Fancy bottles are commonplace tourist souvenirs but I'm afraid there is little demand for them outside Italy so this would be very dfficult to sell. Thus it's not worth anything I'm afraid.

Sorry!

David
.

QUESTION: Thankyou for your answer, but could you tell me if the wine is drinkable or not.
   Phyl

Answer
Hi Phyl,

Souvenir bottles usually contain the cheapest wine the bottler can find as they aim to maximise their profit from the container, not the contents.

Thus it probably wasn't very good to start with and can only have declined since bottling. It's not possible to date this from the maker's private code number I'm afraid but I wouldn't expect this to be very enjoyable if you've had it for more than a few years.

It won't do you any harm if you want to try it but you probably won't want to finish the bottle.

David
.

Wine

David Ling