Wine/Fish shaped wine bottle 3 1/2 feet high

My uncle recently passed away and I asked for the bottle of wine that was always sitting in his bedroom.  It is 3 1/2 feet tall and from the top it has fish and as they go down the neck they get larger.  It still has the wine in it and the cork has never been taken out of it.  It says Italia Marchio Nazional and it has a number under neath that.  The number is 0745930.  My husband and I were wondering if you could give us any information on this.  thank you.

Sincerely Mr. & Mrs. Carey Wohlever

Mr. and Mrs. Carey Wohlever,

These larger bottles were created by producers as display pieces for restaurants and retailers around the world to promote the winery and its products. It was mainly meant as a merchandising sample, not really containing quality wine that would age well at all. The words "Italia Marchio Nazional" is a national brand in Italy and the number is probably a sort of serial number from the company. Although it is a unique piece of artwork, I do not think the wine will be good to drink at this point nor do I think it would fetch much on the auction market.  

Jessica Fialkovich

I can address questions from wine basics to the more advanced aspects of the industry including grape varietals, winemaking regions, winemaking techniques, viticulture and growing practices, sales and marketing strategies, industry statistics, and history.

In 2009, I founded a premium wine retail establishment in Naples, Florida. After going it to the top shop in the local market and gaining national presence, the business was sold in 2012. I am currently serving as a wine consultant, educator, writer, and media contributor.

Society of Wine Educators

Current contributions:; Past contributions: Fox 4 News Fort Myers,, Naples Daily News, Pulse Magazine, 239Spot Magazine

Wine and Spirits Education Trust, Diploma Level Student; Wine and Spirits Education Trust, Advanced Level, With Distinction; Wine and Spirits Education Trust, Intermediate Level, With Distinction; Society of Wine Educators, Certified Specialist of Wine

Forty under Forty, Gulf Coast Business Review, Southwest Florida, US