Wine/Older Champagne

We are celebrating our 45th Anniversary tomorrow, December 24, and I found a 750 ml bottle of Moet et Chandon Cuvee Dom Perignon vintage 1985 and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Brut 750 ml with no vintage date.  are either of these champagnes still good or did we wait too long?

Thank you very much.

Hi Madelynn,

Sorry I didn't see this before but I'd have every confidence that the DP will have been delightful if it had been kept properly - lying down in a cool dark place. The NV Veuve Cliquot will have been a gamble without knowing how long you'd had it but this is a very reputable producer so the odds should have been on your side.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.