Wine/Paul Masson Rare Cream Sherry

Question
Could you please give me a possible time the bottle of cream sherry was bottled /sold. It is a 750 ML (25.4 FL.oz.)with a caramel colored small label showing Cuvee No. 201 G.The bottle label has 1852 Paul Masson California Rare Cream Sherry,The bottom of the bottle has imprinted 6280 and 8 on one side and 5 on the other side of the US Patent circle.I acquired the bottle through my now deceased father in 2005.

Answer
Hi Angelo,

Firstly, apologies for the late reply but this has only just been posted in the Question Pool.

Accurate dating would be impossible without access to the producer's private codes but this Californian blend - not a Sherry BTW as that only comes from around Jerez in Spain - is made in a consistent style that varies very little from bottling to bottling.

Obviously, yours must have been bottled before 2005 but that's all one could say.

David
.

Wine

David Ling