Wine/Piper-Heidsieck Champagne

Question
I found an unopened bottle of Piper-Heidsieck Cuvee des Ambassadeurs, N.M. 3 042 302 in my cupboard (room temperature). I do not recall when it was bought.

Is it still good?

Thank you,

Peter

Answer
Hi Peter,

Champagne keeps well if it's stored lying down in a cool dark place but I wouldn't hesitate to try one that hadn't been - unless there were obvious signs of leakage around the capsule.

It won't do you any harm even if you find it's gone flat and acquired a brownish color or an aroma of wet cardboard/nail varnish - but you may not want to finish the bottle!

David
.

Wine

David Ling