Wine/ruby port

Question
I have a bottle of KWV Full Ruby port that I bought in SA about 6 years ago and I brought it to Milton Keynes England with me. It hasn't been opened and I would like to know if it will still be ok to drink.

Answer
Hi Dorothy,

As Ports are fortified as part of the production process, they have a much longer life than table wines so there's no reason why this shouldn't still be enjoyable - although it may have lost a little of its original freshness.

There's a bit about the wine at http://www.wine.co.za/directory/wine.aspx?WINEID=8697 that you might like to see.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling