Wine/Value?

Question
I have an unopened bottle, 750 ml, of Cuvee (?) Dom Perignon
1976, what would be the sale value & if I choose to open it & enjoy it, would it still be good?

Answer
Hi Tom,

This is getting rather old now, even for such a fine DP but I think you are in for a treat if you open it - assuming it's been stored properly - lying down in a cool dark place.

Replacement would cost at least $500, plus taxes, and I think you could hope for bids within sight of that if the bottle is pristine in terms of color, level, label and capsule. Wine Commune (http://www.winecommune.com/) should be able to help - but don't forget to allow for their commission, etc.

David
.

Wine

David Ling