I have a bottle of 1955 moet and chandon dry imperial with an unbroken or cracked alluminum seal in  its original carton. How much is this worth?

Hi Kenny,

I'm afraid you'll find it difficult to sell any NV Champagne of this age because it's extremely unlikely that it will still be drinkable after so long.

Thus it has no value, although I'd try it for the experience - but being prepared to find a Champagne that's lost its fizz and developed a brownish color and an aroma of wet cardboard or nail varnish.

Sorry but I think this is on its way to the tip!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.