Wine/vintage champagne

Question
what is your valuation for a half bottle of veuve clieque champagne from 1934 please.

Answer
Hi Debbie,

It is always difficult to value old Champagne, for several reasons:

1: Much will depend on the condition of the bottle in terms of colour, labe, level and capsule - and it's difficult to see much value at all in one from '34 unless it's pristine.

2: It comes from a good but less-than-stellar vintage - which would limit its appeal at auction.

3: Halves don't keep as well as larger formats so collectors always treat them with caution.

Come back telling me whereabouts in the UK you are and I'll see if I know an auctioneer nearby who might be willing to appraise this.

David
.

Wine

David Ling