Wine/vintage champagne

Question
i have a half bottle of veuve clieque fron 1934, and would like to know its valuation please.

i am affraid the label is a little worse for wear.

Answer
Hello,

I'm assuming with this valuation that you are referring to the Brut (yellow label). Unfortunately, a 1934 bottle would be past its prime and undrinkable at this point. Additionally, half bottles are not very popular auction items and most auction companies require pristine labels. However, with it being such an old vintage a buyer might have an emotional draw to that year and want to purchase it for sentimental reasons. I would recommend visiting www.winebid.com and having them create a valuation for the bottle and place it for auction on their site. As far as valuation, it highly depends if you could find the right buyer, but I would say between $25 - $75. They often have customers that are looking for rare opportunities.

Wine

Jessica Fialkovich