Wine/Vintage Champagne

I have a perfect presentation box 1996 Dom Perignon Vintage Champagne. I have won it in the Christmas raffle and it was presented by the company owner. I am looking to sell it quickly can you give me any ideas on price and how to go about it.

Hi Michael,

Well done you! This currently retails for around £150 plus VAT so I think you could hope for bids approaching that figure at auction. I'm sure Bid for Wine ( would be happy to organise the sale but don't forget to allow for their commission.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.