Wine/Wine Value

del Magnifico 1966
del Magnifico 1966  
Hi David,

I recently discovered 5 bottles of del Monaco mellow red wine vintage 1966 in my late grandmothers basement in K.C. Missouri, USA.  Can you tell me if there is any value to it?

Thank You

Hi Philip,

Your photo appears to be of a Ruffino Chianti Del Magnfico so I can only guess that a 'Mellow Red' wouldn't qualify as a Chianti for some reason.

These will not have been costly originally and there's no possibilty of selling them after so long so it so unfortunately they are now worthless.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.