Wine/1937 Eugene Cliquot Extra Dry Champagne, marked Epernay

Question
My elderly friend bought this as an investment some time ago. She has a lot of medical bills so I thought I would find out if it is still worth anything. It seems to have been stored properly.

Answer
Hi Kathleen

Even the best Champagnes begin to show their age after about twenty-five years, and this one is well past that point.  I am afraid that even with excellent storage this wine is now too old to offer much charm, and it won't have any value on the auction market.

I am sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner