Wine/berisford solera 1914 rare amontillado

i have been clearing various cupboards and have found two numbered bottles of the above 28805 & 22572. Are they 'rare' and are they worth anything? if they are do you have any suggestions of where i may be able to sell them?

Many thanks for any assistance

Hi Steven,

I'm afraid there's not much enthusiast demand for old Sherries so these wouldn't have much value.

I doubt if any wine auctioneers would accept them as the potential value is unlikely to reach their minimum thresholds but you could try Bid for Wine ( or take them to Bigwood's in Stratford-u-Avon ( next time you're in the area - because they often get good prices for old oddments.

Alternatively, it might be worth a try on eBay UK ( as I think they still accept offers to sell wine within the UK although they don't in most other countries.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.