Wine/Cognac Rouyer Guillet & Cie

I have recently inherited a bottle of cognac from Rouyer Guillet & Cie.
It only says "Rois de France" on the bottle neck and no vintage year.
I know it was imported in to Singapore by Optorg Company but have no idea how long ago (more then twenty years ago for sure). I live in Hong Kong and the cork is still intact.
What is the age of this bottle and what could this be worth?

Hi Gerry,

Cognacs are usually blends of various distillations that were assembled after aging in wood  to achieve a consistent house style so there's no way to date bottles. (Apart from the very few Vintage Cognacs of course.)

It's difficult to see any value in your bottle as potential buyers would be concerned by the low level that will have resulted from evaporation past the failed cork, even if it appears intact.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.