Wine/Fine Vintage Champagne

I have been searching through some old things and a found a vintage champagne from E. Mercier & Co
The label says..

Private Cuvee
E. Mercier & Co
Champagne Vintage 1928
Extra Dry
I was just curious to no the value of this and how i go about selling it
Be good to hear back from you.

PS: It is in excellent condition with all labels and everything readable and still on bottle

Hi Emma,

Mercier was a reputable producer at this time and 1928 was a famous vintage so I think there could be considerable value here if the level, colour and capsule are also good.

I'd rather not speculate regarding numbers though and suggest you ask Webb's in Auckland ( to appraise the bottle professionally and suggest a catalogue valuation as a potential auction entry. (Don't forget to allow for their commission.)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.