Wine/What kind od wine is this?

Gran Vino CARIÑENA  
Dear Sir,
I would like to know the kind and value of a wine bottle I have. The label is printed but looks like handwritten and says it's a Rosado wine, Gran Vino CARIÑENA, Don Ramon, de la casa Vicente, Suso y Pérez, mantenido en roble rojo... embotellado a pedido... Contenido 0,70l, no date whatsoever.
I am sending you a picture of the bottle if you wish.

Since now I thank you very much

HI Teresa

I wish I could see the rest of the label.  I think you can see from the Spanish that it was aged in oak...and then bottled upon demand.  That means the it was bottled for each customer, and the rest of the wine was left in the barrel to age further.  Rosado means a rose wine, but because of the way this was made, it might well be a slightly sweet wine, made to age a bit like a traditional style wood Port.  

Carinena is a town in the province of Zaragoza, in the region of Aragon.  They grow a lot of Garnacha, which is what I think this wine is.  It is very old, and will almost certainly have lost all of its fruit.  But if there is some sugar left, it might still have some charm, iwth notes of hazelnut and molasses.  The bottle is quite interesting.  If you can read the rest of the label, I would love to know what it says.  I speak Spanish, but can't make out the words on the right hand side.

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.