Wine/R. Renaudin champagne.

I have a friend who has a magnum of champagne from R Renaudin in a wooden box. The year is 1991. On the box is written La collection and edition limitee. The label says brut and Grand Reserve.  

He wants to sell it so is it possible to put an approximate price on it?

Many thanks.

Hi James,

This is a bit difficult as I can find no listing for vintage Renaudin but I think your friend might hope for auction bids around £50 for this magnum. He could try Hartley's in Ilkley ( or the on-line wine auctioneers Bid for Wine (

Remind him/her that selling commission will be deducted.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.