Wine/Valuation of Tawny Port

Question
What might I expect to get for One Bottle each of Amandio's Old Tawny Port 1938 and 1945 Matured in wood. Vinho do Porto Selo De Garantia. Amandio Silva & Filhos Ltda

Answer
Hi Donald,

These are Colheita Ports, I.E. Tawny Ports from single vintages that have had extended aging in wood befor bottling.

It's a style that has a good following so I'd expect considerable interest at auction, assuming the bottles are pristine in terms of level, label and capsule. Catalogue valuations in the order of £100 each would be a realistic hope but there's no guarantee that bidding would reach or exceed that figure as Amandio Silva isn't one of the big names - and much will depend on the bottle condition anyway.

I suggest you ask Bid for Wine (http://www.bidforwine.co.uk/) for their professional opinon of the bottles as potential entries into their on-line auction. Don't forget to allow for their commission.

Good luck!

David
.

Wine

David Ling