Wine/Wir sind das Volk!!!

There were 1000 commemorative bottles of wine produced to celebrate the wall coming down in Germany. The label has the following:
Durchbruch '89
Wir sind dasVolk!!! (the most popular slogan in Germany at the time meaning "We are the people!!!"#
An East German Flag symbol and a West German Flag Symbol
NAHE (Picture of the wall with an open entrance) NAHE
1989 Kreuznacher St. Martin
Riesling Kabinett
(Other smaller print)

I know that this is not a high quality wine and is past it's prime. But, is there any value associated with the fact that only 1000 bottles were produced and that it commemorates the end of the division of Germany? The bottle is unopened and in pristine condition.

Thank you...........Sincerely............Jim

There are two potential markets for any wine. One of those is the true wine connoisseur, who pays top dollar for top quality wines.  Those connoisseurs aren't interested in your wine.

The other market is composed of those who buy things because of their commemorative value. You might try listing this bottle on ebay, to see if there is any interest...but from what I have seen, this bottle wouldn't sell for a lot of money.  $50 would be a lot.  $25 is more than I would expect--but I am an expert on wine, not collectible memorabilia.

I wish you good luck...and I am sorry I can't give you more exciting news from the wine side of things.

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.