Wine/Chateau du Villa 1999

Question
Hello - I have a bottle Chateau du Villa 1999 ( vin de bordeaux) - Haut-Medoc - Mis en bouteille a F 33750 by Les Celliers des Terres de France - 150cl. 12%Vol. Am based in Switzerland.
Is this wine drinkable now- should we wait and do you have any idea on the value of the bottle - as I have researched and cannot find the name of the domain anywhere online..?

Many thanks for your help on this!

Answer
Hi  Kira,

I doubt if Ch du Villa actually exists as I'm almost certain that the name is a figment of the seller's imagination and used by them to enhance the perception of their wines in the market place; a BOB, or Buyer's Own Brand in other words.

Les Celliers des Terres de France is a brand name used by the French supermarket giant Carrefour for lowly wines that only qualify for Vins de Pays status.

Thus I'm afraid you are asking about a low-cost supermarket wine that was probably intended for drinking on release and which is now over a decade past that point. It certainly wouldn't improve by further keeping and I doubt if you would be able to find a buyer so it's effectively worthless.

I can only suggest you open it for the experience sometime with something else on stand-by in case it has declined too far to enjoy.

Sorry if you thought you had a valuable gem and were hoping for better news.

David
.

Wine

David Ling