i was wondering would you please tell me: is it a fact that wine puts us to sleep?

If the answer in "yes it is a fact" would you be able to explain why that is?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

Wine has alcohol and alcohol affects your central nervous system and indeed may generate sleepiness. If consumed in moderate quantities during a meal, wine may in fact jelp the quality of your sleep. However, higher amounts of alcohol will increase the speed you go to sleep but will disrupt the quality of your sleep, making it for a worst situation than insomnia.

See, for more detailed information:

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal