Wine/Masson Bottle

Hi Paul,

I have searched extensively for the exact (empty) bottle of Masson Rare Cream Sherry. My bottle is the heart shape with the satin ribbon but the difference is the label. My label says
Masson in all caps across the top of the label. Does not say Paul Masson. It also says California's Pioneer Immortal Vintner.
Recored No. SF 3165
I don't want to price it without knowing why it is different from all the other images I have found.
Thank you Bob

Hi Bob

I am an expert in wines, not bottles, but I know this product pretty well.  If you check out Google Images for Masson Heart Bottle, you will find lots of photos, some with the Paul Masson spelled out, and others with Masson only on the label.

I can only assume that these are either different sized bottles, or different dates.

What I can tell you for sure is that these bottles regularly appear on ebay, usually for under $10 or so.  What is interesting is that the smaller "mini" bottles seem to be more collectible that the larger sizes.

If you really want the low-down on your bottle, drop a note to the nice folks at  They are true experts in bottles and what they are worth!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.