Wine/Masson Bottle

Question
Hi Paul,

I have searched extensively for the exact (empty) bottle of Masson Rare Cream Sherry. My bottle is the heart shape with the satin ribbon but the difference is the label. My label says
Masson in all caps across the top of the label. Does not say Paul Masson. It also says California's Pioneer Immortal Vintner.
Recored No. SF 3165
I don't want to price it without knowing why it is different from all the other images I have found.
Thank you Bob

Answer
Hi Bob

I am an expert in wines, not bottles, but I know this product pretty well.  If you check out Google Images for Masson Heart Bottle, you will find lots of photos, some with the Paul Masson spelled out, and others with Masson only on the label.

I can only assume that these are either different sized bottles, or different dates.

What I can tell you for sure is that these bottles regularly appear on ebay, usually for under $10 or so.  What is interesting is that the smaller "mini" bottles seem to be more collectible that the larger sizes.

If you really want the low-down on your bottle, drop a note to the nice folks at antiquebottles.com  They are true experts in bottles and what they are worth!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner