Wine/pretty good and inexpensive

Question
Hi,  I'm reading  Gulp -  Mary Roach's book ,she mentions your acumen about the prices of wine , would you recommend a few standouts in the under $15. category. Thank- YOU         M J

Answer
HI M J

First of all, let me apologies.  There seems to be an issue with Allexperts email...and I only just now got your question!

Thank you for the kind words, and the interesting question.  I'll try to answer it in a couple of different ways

I have a few wines that are predictably good and roughly in your price point.  The St. Supery Sauvignon Blanc is one, as is the Vigilance Wrangler Red.  Sterling's Vintner Collection Chardonnay is nice, and so is the Ca Momi Napa Valley Red wine Rosso di Napa.  

On another level, the wines that are underpriced in the market right now are those wines from Australia and CHile.  Those two countries make very good wines, but they just don't seem to market them very well---they compete on flavor with wines that are a lot more epensive.

Hope that helps!

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner